Councillor Shelley Carroll

Find out the latest news and upcoming events in your neighborhood. Politics, news, views, and links from Ward 33 Councillor Shelley Carroll.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Police Officers Returning to Intersection

Staff will continue their review of the Leslie/Sheppard construction zone on Monday. In the meantime, I monitored the intersection at rush hour last night and again from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and decided that action must be taken for the weekend. Many thanks to all of the residents who contacted me as I hadn't been through the intersection since last week.

Since it is the weekend, I made an urgent request to the office of Mayor Miller and his staff have called for a police officer to be back at the interesection today. Last night,I witnessed two near-misses and then, when I came down the hill from the hospital bridge and entered the intersection, I was very nearly rear-ended myself. I became extremely concerned about our Sheppard Ave Saturday Shopping Rush Hour. The Rush Hour that lasts all day!