Councillor Shelley Carroll

Find out the latest news and upcoming events in your neighborhood. Politics, news, views, and links from Ward 33 Councillor Shelley Carroll.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

City Establishes Rat Hotline 416-338-RATS

If you have a problem with rats in your neighbourhood, help is now a phone call away.

A call to 416-338-RATS (416-338-7287) puts Toronto residents in contact with Toronto Public Health staff who will provide advice about rodent control, and direct calls to the appropriate City department for action.

Responsibility for rodent control resides with various departments, depending on where the problem occurs:

Municipal Licensing and Standards - handles complaints related to private property.
Public Health - responsible for rats found on food premises or institutions, and
Parks and Recreation - responds to infestations in public parks and other municipal properties.

For more information about controlling rats and other rodents on private property, visit the City's Public Health website at
The 416-338-RATS phone line officially opens on April 21, 2005.