Councillor Shelley Carroll

Find out the latest news and upcoming events in your neighborhood. Politics, news, views, and links from Ward 33 Councillor Shelley Carroll.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Welcome aboard New Police Chief

I am pleased to welcome Bill Blair to the position of Police Chief. Mike Boyd has served well as our Interim Chief and I want to join my colleagues on Council in thanking him for coming back from retirement to serve our community.

Mr. Blair has served the Toronto Police Department in various capacities and I am confident that the Board has made a great choice. Mr. Blair certainly faces some difficult issues as he assumes the reigns, but I know that as a resident of Toronto he brings an understanding of these issues.

I look forward to meeting and working with Chief Bill Blair on issues facing our City and our community, particularly youth and minority groups. I am encouraged by Mr. Blair's early statements regarding issues of racism and harm reduction initiatives.

Meanwhile, our own area will enjoy the same consistent community policing service under the excellent leadership of our own Staff Inspector White.